The television is flooded with this places commercials yet you cant find one anywhere around the rose city. This is not a locally own business but more like a fast food chain. The burger and the service were so good I had to blog about it and tell everyone. Now the place I’m talking about is called Sonics Drive-in and this particular one was located in Tigard, Oregon.


So we pull in to Sonics, and I notice it is a drive in style restaurant. A drive in style restaurant consists of people driving up and parking in a parking spot that has a menu and telecom. You order your food through the telecom and someone brings it out on skates (This is a classic drive in method and was used in the late 70s and 80s). So we are parked and I began analyzing the menu. OMG. Talk about options burgers, fries, hotdogs, jalapeno poppers, mozzarella sticks, shakes, slushies’ and soda. Sonics has a little bit of everything. So i order their bacon cheeseburger, fries, and a cherry lime-aid and began to wait. About five minutes roll by and a Sonics employee rolls out on a pair of roller skates with my order and a huge smile on her face. "Here's your order sir," she said, and at that point I could choose to eat in the spot i was parked in, or drive home. So I did what any person would do in that situation and enjoyed my burger. Boy O boy, it was great. Nice thick cut crispy bacon, cheddar cheese, and a nice beefy patty. Sonics knows how to piece together a decent cheeseburger. If I could dis-create anything it would be the fact it is fast food, and I'm sure everything is mass produced, but Sonics is still a good burger joint. O yeah and there was the slushie, probably one of the best things created, and that's all I have to say about that. Sonics all in all, I would give a 3.5 star. Just because of the experience, great choices, and that dang slushie.

No comments:

Post a Comment