Slow Bar/ Slow Burger

               
On my next burger adventure I came across a local favorite called the Slow Burger. This delicious creation is located at two different places. A family friendly restaurant on NE Glisan St. and the second location is a bar called Slow Bar off of SE Grand Ave. I decided to go to both locations to see what the atmosphere was like. I decided on the bar location first and when arriving it seems like a small hole in the wall.  When entering, I found the place to be nicely set up. They had a variety off sitting for different groups of people. I choose to sit in a booth which had a nice dim lighting to it, perfect for my guest and me. The menu was easy to read and well detailed about the different food it featured. The restaurant Slow Burger on the other hand, had a completely different vibe. It was open and outside with picnic benches to sit at with umbrellas to block the sun. At Slow Burger, they also had a self serves for water. The water was different but refreshing; it had slices of cucumber inside and nice cold ice cubes. This location is definitely a place where you can bring your kids and friends for a nice Portland summer lunch, or dinner. The Slow bar location is a hang out spot with a creative food menu more altered for adults; the restaurant Slow Burger is awesome for families. I really like the locations are two separate atmospheres brought together by a great menu with delicious food.

Now on to the Slow Burger, this burger is built to perfection with its open face plating comes two large buns with the house relish and Aioli sauce smeared across them giving the buns a nice smooth texture. And in between those two buns are two huge onion rings, butter lettuce, and the mouthwatering beef patty. When I say HUGE onion ring, I mean huge to the point you have to flip one upside down to make the burger small enough to fit in your mouth. This delicious burger comes with a side of either a house salad or French fries. Which the French fries can be upgraded to what they call stinky fries my friends…yes stinky. These fries are smothered with melted cheese…five different kinds. That is the icing on the cake, a unique burger with even more unique fries. So with that in mind, I gave Slow Burger/Bar a unique 5 out of 5, I will definitely be returning to either location as long as I can get the same mouth watering burger every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment