Tilt

Next on my burger adventure I stopped by Tilt, a spot known for its skillet burgers and pies. Tilt is located in the Swan Island area of north Portland. The area is known for its big warehouses and the huge workforce that runs them. That’s why I believe they chose the slogan “Built for Americas Workforce.”

When approaching the building, you’ll notice Tilt choice to go with some different colors then your normal burger joint. The Tilt restaurant is an all black building with red as a secondary color. While very modern and spacey inside, Tilt employees are also very friendly and on top on keeping the place clean.

Glancing at the menu I noticed their extremely high prices, just for a cheese burger it will run you about eight dollars and that’s just for a cheese burger. The fries and drink with will run you about another 2.25 – 3.00 each. Which wasn’t too much of a problem because I notice people were getting pretty generous portions of food.

When finally receiving my burger I was delighted. The Tilt bacon cheese burger was really good. Nice size burger, looked great, and came with a huge heap of fries. The patty hard a nice char and the Tilt special sauce set the burger off. If I had to say anything was wrong with it, I’d say the smaller burgers need more beef since the buns are built for their specialty burger. Either that or I wound make the more simple burger in a smaller bun for a cheaper price. But all in all, I would give Tilt a 3.5 out of 5, with room for improvement. I would say it was my fault for only ordering a bacon cheese burger and will go back to try one of their specialty burgers. But in a way I feel sometimes the best way to judge a burger joint, is to just try a cheese burger. 

http://tiltitup.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment